Show Your Love!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Why I am starting this blog.

Recently I purchased a Cricut Expressions cutting machine. My initial purpose was to cut fabric with it. After purchasing it, I discovered two programs that allow me to make my own designs and cut them on the cricut.

They are Make the Cut, and Sure Cuts a Lot Software. Because of a lawsuit against Make the Cut, you can no longer get the version that allows you to cut with a Cricut, you need to buy a different cutter. The suit against Sure Cuts A Lot hasn't been settled yet, so if you have a cricut and you want to have this awesome freedom that I have, you need to purchase the software before the settlement is reached.

I actually tried out both their demos looking at Sure Cuts a Lot Software first. When I discovered Make the Cut, I was thrilled and actually purchased it before I had even really evaluated it much because I realized there was a lot more support, and the layout seemed more user friendly.

If you haven't purchased a cutting machine yet, don't buy the cricut, go to the Make the Cut, Forum and study all the reviews on all the other cutters that work with this software and choose one of them.

I personally don't have the finances to invest in another cutting machine currently, so I am happy using the current version without future updates. I will update this with my opinion on other cutters if and when I may choose to change that choice in the future. If you already have a Cricut, then go and get Sure Cuts a Lot Software before it doesn't work with the Cricut too.

In the meantime, I am having a ball learning how to create my own files from color book images, free svg files abundant on the web, and even my own and my kids drawings.

Not only will I be cutting fabric, vinyl, poster board and paper, I plan to make wordbooks, (I will do another post on wordbooks.) I will be putting up lots of free cutting file for Make the Cut,, as well as SVG. I will also show pictures of the things I create.

I would love to get to the point where I could sell some files, but I have a long ways to go until that happens since I am a beginner. So to begin I will be giving away free files but will put a donation Paypal box on my site, so if you feel grateful for my creations, reward me there. :o) It will be greatly appreciated, as I am a single mom with three young kids on a somewhat fixed income.

So please comment and follow, in the next few days I will be listing quite a few free files I have already finished.

Kindest regards,

Laurie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Like My Files, You can show me love here!

Creating Cut Files Copyright © 2009
Scrapbook Mania theme designed by Simply WP and Free Bingo
Converted by Ipietoon Template